Lightstalker Adventures is the trading name of Glen Campbell Photography .
The following terms and conditions shall apply in respect of all UK and overseas based photographic workshop & tour bookings made through Lightstalker Adventures and Glen Campbell and will form the basis of your contract with Glen Campbell Photography.
Ammendment due to Covid 19
Points 1, 2, 6, 7 are suspended during the Covid 19 pandemic for bookings made after 20th January 2021. Point A1 will now cover these to offer peace of mind when booking new trips until further notice.
A1 – All 2021 bookings and bookings made after 26th August 2021 will have fully flexible deposits and balances up to 30 days prior to start date.
This means should you be unable to travel due to Covid 19 related issues you can use your deposit towards any future session or trip.
Cancellation due to Covid related issues prior to 30 days means any balance paid is refundable less a small admin charge**
Between 30 and 7 days the balance paid ( less any lost costs by Lightstalker Adventures ) will be credited to a future trip at the discretion of Glen C Campbell. This only applies if non-participation is a result of Covid travel disruption at the point of departure or arrival.
From 7 days prior to the start date any cancellation by the participant due to inability to travel while the destination is open for travel from their point of origin will render the balance non refundable unless their place is filled.
Please ensure you have adequate travel insurance in place at time of booking to cover all eventualities and Covid related travel issues and restrictions.
** Refunds may be subject to a small banking / admin fee.
All scheduled Lightstalker’s trips will operate with the safety of participants as a priority and all my guests are asked to comply with measures to ensure their safety and that of others as a condition of booking.
For UK based trips you’ll have the option to “tag along” in your own vehicle or travel with myself and others between locations.
Full consideration will always be given to such safety measures implemented in the region of travel while they apply.
Minimal contact and interaction with other members of the public has always been my preference where possible to maximise our experience on location. Seeking out the best locations to maintain this practice will remain my goal.
All participants are asked to abide by local restrictions and safety practices at all times. Failure to adhere to local restrictions may result in the participant being asked to leave the tour without compensation or refund.
If you would like more details on any of these measures or other information please don’t hesitate to contact me, thanks.
1. Deposits vary and are non-refundable. Example – a £150 per person (4 days Scotland workshop), £200 (week long Scotland Photo Tour) or £250+ (Overseas Photo Tour) deposit is required at the time of booking. Deposits should be paid through the website via Paypal. A confirmation email will then be e-mailed to you in due course with trip details and a new participant form to complete. All trip fees are based in UK pounds sterling at stated rate. The balance is due 90 calender days before the start date (you will be notified via email). If the balance does not reach us by the date specified in our confirmation, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
2. If you are booking within 90 days of the start date, you will be requested via email to pay the full amount or balance due by bank transfer or Pay By Link ( Visa or Mastercard ). Please note that credit cards attract a 3% surcharge.
3. In accordance with “The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992”, all participants booking with Lightstalker Adventures are fully protected for the initial deposit and subsequently the balance of all money paid to us, arising from cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Glen Campbell Photography, monies being held in a client account until trip completion.
4. Trips will only operate with a minimum of 3 participating photographers. In the event of your tour or workshop being cancelled by Glen Campbell Photography due to circumstances within our control or not reaching minimum numbers, your payment will be refunded in full including your deposit. Deposits are non refundable for cancellations or postponement of any trips for any reason out with our control.
Our liability is limited to the amount of any money you have paid to us. If we cancel your tour we will make every effort to advise you at least three weeks prior to the departure date.
5. If you cancel more than 90 calendar days or 3 Calendar months before the start date, then any money you have paid to us is fully refundable, minus your deposit.
6. If you cancel between 90 and 60 days before the start date you will receive a 75% refund, minus your deposit. If you cancel and payment has not been made within this period you may still be liable for the balance.
7. If you cancel 59 days or less before the start date there will be no refund, although every attempt will be made to fill your place. If your place is filled then any money you have paid to us may be fully refundable, minus your deposit.
8. Bookings are non-transferable between participants and / or workshops or tours unless offered by Glen C Campbell.
9. If you wish to cancel your booking you must do do so in writing via email, the date received being the date of cancellation.
10. We reserve the right to change the tour itinerary due to altered circumstances and conditions. We will make alternative arrangements as required but no refunds will be given for services that are not utilised as a result.
11. It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept the hazards involved in visiting remote areas. All participants must be fully insured for the duration of the tour. Participants are responsible for arranging their own insurance, which must cover at least medical expenses, injury, death and repatriation. It is advisable that you also have cancellation and curtailment as part of your insurance policy. Customers should provide Glen Campbell Photography with evidence of their insurance. In addition you should be insured against loss of or damage to baggage and personal possessions including all your camera equipment.
12. Personal items and baggage remain at all times the responsibility of the participant. In addition responsibility must be accepted for any equipment loaned to you, and you must agree to pay for any loss or damage caused to this equipment while in your care.
13. Glen Campbell Photography does not accept liability for death, bodily injury or illness unless this arises from the negligent act and/or omission of Glen Campbell Photography employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
14. Glen Campbell Photography cannot be held responsible for; the consequences of any delays, expenses incurred or alterations caused by illness, weather, war, terrorism, political events, civil strife, natural disaster, technical difficulties or any event beyond our control.
15. Glen Campbell Photography does not accept responsibility for any loss of valuables, including camera equipment, during a course or workshop.
16. Due to the adventurous nature of some tours, all customers must at all times agree to comply with the decisions taken by the leader of the tour.
17. It is your own responsibility to make international flight arrangements and travel arrangements to trip starting points. Glen Campbell Photography cannot take responsibility for changes or alterations to any flights or any travel delays.
18. Our tours and workshops can involve travel in remote, mountainous regions, where amenities and medical facilities are not readily accessible. Every effort is made to ensure your safety and well being, but bookings are accepted on the understanding that you appreciate the risks and hazards associated with this sort of workshop or tour. Glen Campbell Photography will not accept responsibility for accidents, injury, lack of fitness, carelessness, illness, negligence or lack of punctuality attributable to the customer. If you have any disability or illness, please inform us at the time of booking the tour so advice can be given on the suitability of the trip.
19. We are unable to accept bookings from persons under 18 years old.
20. If you should have a complaint about the tour, it must be made in writing and received by Glen Campbell Photography within fourteen days of the end of the tour.
21. In the unlikely event of any sort of dispute arising, the Law of Scotland shall apply. If the dispute cannot be resolved directly between us within 6 weeks of written intimation of the dispute, both Glen Campbell Photography and our customer shall attempt to settle the dispute by Mediation. A Mediator will be selected with the assistance of the Law Society of Scotland. If the mediation is unsuccessful, the Sheriff Court at Inverness shall have jurisdiction.
22. We will not ask for or keep information about customers, unless agreed by both parties, other than is necessary to process orders, process refunds, and provide information about products and about our events. We will not disseminate personal information about customers to any third party. We will comply with any customer’s request to discard their telephone number, e-mail address and their address by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
23. For all refunds where the original payment was made through an online processor such as Paypal, or via banking transfers, they will be returned to you, minus any fees that incurred by using the respective online processor.
24. By booking, reading, and agreeing to our terms and conditions at time of booking you are agreeing to be bound by these. The person booking the workshop or tour does so on behalf of all the other individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.